DO NOT CONTINUE UNLESS YOU HAVE A DROPBOX ACCOUNT THAT IS INTEGRATED WITH YOUR VEND CART.
We have integrated with Dropbox so that you can add high resolution images to be downloaded. The concept is that you will be using the Dropdox desktop application to add images to your Dropbox account and then you will be syncing those files with Vend. Dropbox will deliver web-ready images that are 1024x768 so you will not have to modify the high resolution images for your sets.
DOWNLOAD THE DESKTOP APP FIRST
First, you want to make sure you have a Dropbox account and you have integrated your Dropbox account with your Vend. Then, you are going to want to download the Dropbox desktop application. You can do this by clicking the link below.
Once you have this installed, you are going to want to Sync the "App" folder. Inside the App folder you are going to want to create a folder called "Vend Files". This is where you will add new folders of high resolution images.
When you are adding folders and images, it is automatically storing them into your Dropbox account. This could take a while, but it will be much faster than uploading via the browser.
CREATE A SET & SYNC IMAGES
- Login to the admin
- Click on the "Sets" section
- Click "New" at the bottom of the left panel
- Title the set with the clients name
- Choose the "Dropbox set" option
- Click "Create Set"
- Click on the new set in the list on the left
- Click the "Dropbox" tab
- You will see a "Unique Dropbox folder location" that looks something like [App>>Vend Files>>XXXX].
- Go to your Dropbox application and create a folder called XXXX (or whatever it tells you to name that folder) in the "Vend Files" folder.
- Copy your high resolution images into this folder. Dropbox will automatically start to copy these images into your dropbox account. Depending on the number of images you have, this could take hours. HINT: If you would like to categorize your images (i.g. reception, ceremony, bridal party, etc), name the folders that you place in the XXXX folder with the category names and add the images to the appropriate folder.
- Once the images are synced with Dropbox, you will click the "Sync" button located at the bottom of the Dropbox tab in your set.
Once the files are synced, it will show you the date and number of images that are in this set. If you change anything in your Dropbox application folder XXXX, you must resync the folder in the backend of Vend. Once you send out the link to the client is is best not to re-sync anything.
DROPBOX - CLEAN AND ORGANIZED
When a digital download order is place, Dropbox will copy the files to prepare them for download. Once the order is place, we made it easy to remove those extra files to keep your Dropbox account clean and organized. Read our "Recent Orders" section.
AUTO PURGE DROPBOX DOWNLOAD FILES
- Click the "Automation / Discounts / Music" section
- Click the "Automation" tab
- Make sure the "Automation Enabled" is set to "True"
- Click "True" to "Auto-purge Dropbox Files"
- Set the (# of days) after an order is created to "Delete Dropbox order Files"
- Click "Save"