If you want to add a domain to your intothedarkroom account, but you want to host your emails at another host provider, follow the directions below.
STEP 1: ADD A DOMAIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Click the “Settings” button
- Click the “Domains” tab
- Click “Add a domain”
- Type in your URL and
- Click “Save” (you will now see your URL in the list)
STEP 2: CHANGE YOUR MX RECORDS
- Click the "Manage DNS" icon next to your newly added domain. (Hover over icons for description.)
- Click "Edit" under your "MX Record". A pop-up will come up. Call your current host and ask for the MX Record information. Put that information in the pop-up (you'll likely only have to change "Domain Name To Direct To"). Stay on the phone until you read the next step.
STEP 3: CHANGE YOUR DNS
STEP 4: MAKING PRODUCTS LIVE
If you have installed your products at the default domain (ie: name.intothedarkroom.me), you can now move them to your domain (ie: mydomain.com). They will not show up until the DNS has been fully transferred.
- Login to your Intothedarkroom account
- Click the “My Products” button
- Click the “Move” icon to the right of the product
- Change the Location of the product by using the Domain drop down to select your domain.
- Click “Move Now”