DO NOT CONTINUE UNLESS YOU'VE COMPLETED THE QUICK START STEPS.
Refer to the "Intothedarkroom Message" on the top of your WordPress backend Dashboard for images size for your template (NOTE: changing settings can change the image sizes). Learn how to save your images here.
Demo image sizes:
- logo: 100 x 30 pixels
- header image: 980 x 450 pixels
- home page - "latest posts" section image: 313 x 180 pixels (same as blog post featured image)
- blog post - featured image: 313 x 200 pixels
- blog post - with sidebar image: 644 pixels wide
- blog post - without sidebar image: 980 pixels wide
- page - image: 980 pixels wide
- portfolio page - blogshow images: 980 x 500 pixels
This video goes over logo, colors, sizes, etc.
Step 1: Prepare your zipped font file
- If you already have the OTF or TTF file that you want to use then skip to step 6.
- Go to http://www.fontsquirrel.com/
- Find your font, click on it so it takes you to that font's page
- Click the "Download OTF or TTF" button
- Unzip the file
- Go back to http://www.fontsquirrel.com/ and click the "Web Generator" button in the navigation
- Click the "Add Fonts" button and upload the font file (that you just unzipped)
- Check the Agreement box
- Click the "Download your kit" button (this is the zip file that you will upload to your product)
* Please note: if you are using Safari, the zip might automatically unpack once downloaded. This will not work. To change this setting
In Safari go to Preferences > General, and uncheck "Open SAFE files after downloading".
Step 2: Upload a font
- If you are logged into the backend of your product,
- Click on the "Design tab"
- Click on the "Fonts" tab
- Click "Upload"
- Click "Save"
ADDITIONAL HOMEPAGE OPTIONS
To setup a welcome message and the intro boxes on the home page, go to the ITDR Admin (bottom of the WordPress navigation) > Welcome tab.
To setup the twitter feed go to the ITDR Admin (bottom of the WordPress navigation) > Setup. Now change “Use Twitter” to true and type in your twitter username in the “Twitter Username” field.
NOTE: You need to have WordPress 3 or greater.
NOTE: The default width and height should be 313 x 180 pixels, unless you changed the width of the blog.
- Go into your latest post in the WordPress backend
- Find the "Featured Image" panel in the bottom right and click "Set Featured Image"
- Click "Select Image" and upload your desired image.
- Click "Use as Featured Image".
- Click "Update" or "Save" to the post.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS, CONTACT, SOCIAL MEDIA
This video goes over the Setup tab that will allow you to do things like set up your Google analytics, Contact page, and Social Media icons.