DO NOT CONTINUE UNLESS YOU'VE COMPLETED THE QUICK START STEPS.
Refer to the "Intothedarkroom Message" on the top of your WordPress backend Dashboard for images size for your template (NOTE: changing settings can change the image sizes). Learn how to save your images here.
Demo image sizes:
- logo: 140 x 40 pixels
- header image: 920 x 248 pixels
- blog post - with sidebar image: 497 pixels wide
- blog post - without sidebar image: 731 pixels wide
- page - image: 920 pixels wide
This video goes over logo, colors, sizes, etc.
The default fonts in the demo are:
- Navigation Font: Droid Sans
- Heading Font1: Droid Sans
- Heading Font2: Droid Sans
- Content Font: Inconsolata
To upload a custom font to this template do the following:
Step 1: Prepare your zipped font file
- If you already have the OTF or TTF file that you want to use then skip to step 6.
- Go to http://www.fontsquirrel.com/
- Find your font, click on it so it takes you to that font's page
- Click the "Download OTF or TTF" button
- Unzip the file
- Go back to http://www.fontsquirrel.com/ and click the "Web Generator" button in the navigation
- Click the "Add Fonts" button and upload the font file (that you just unzipped)
- Check the Agreement box
- Click the "Download your kit" button (this is the zip file that you will upload to your product)
* Please note: if you are using Safari, the zip might automatically unpack once downloaded. This will not work. To change this setting
In Safari go to Preferences > General, and uncheck "Open SAFE files after downloading".
Step 2: Upload a font
- If you are logged into the backend of your product,
- Click on the "Design tab"
- Click on the "Fonts" tab
- Click "Upload"
- Click "Save"
You can edit everything on the home page in WordPress > ITDR Admin (bottom of the wordpress navigation).
GOOGLE ANALYTICS, CONTACT, SOCIAL MEDIA
This video goes over the Setup tab that will allow you to do things like set up your Google analytics, Contact page, and Social Media icons.
If you want a sidebar on the contact page where you have the option to include your email, phone, fax, address, and even a Google map, go to the ITDR Admin (bottom of the WordPress navigation) > Setup > Contact and fill in your desired information.
To get a Google Map on the contact page like the demo, go to Google Maps and search your address. Now click "Link" on the top right of the page and copy the HTML embed code. Then go to the "Contact Page" section of the theme admin panel and paste the code in the Google Maps box. You can adjust the size of the map by adjusting the “height” and “width” in the code you just pasted.