The Vanilla blog gives you the option to control the width of the blog. Since we are not sure what width you would like the blog to be, we decided to provide you with the settings that are currently in our demo. The following options can be found in the "ITDR Admin" below the WordPress navigation on the left side.
- Blog Post images: 750 pixels wide
1. Header Tab
Header Image Lists: This shows the list of photos that will appear at the top of the blog (the header)
- Upload photos ( 780 x 520 px )
- Resample Display: if you select “True”, this will reduce the file size (by percentage) of your images making them easier on the user’s bandwidth. However, we do suggest that when you are in Photoshop, you adjust the quality of your images to make them the optimum size for reduced bandwidth.
- Resampling Quality: Turn the percentage of the server side re-sampling up or down to increase or reduce the size of the files.
- Image Letterboxing: When click on a photo in your posts it will open in that window with nothing else except that image
- Slideshow timer: How fast do you want the photos to load the next image on the list.
- Autoplay Video: Do you want video to automatically start playing?
- Video Player Skin: Allows for different looks for the video player
- Video Player Background Color: Choose what color you want for the background of the video player
2. Welcome Tab
- Welcome Image: no larger than 100 x 100 pixels
- Welcome title: This will appear underneath the header to the right of the Welcome picture.
- Welcome Description: This will appear underneath the Welcome title. Enter any info that you wish.
3. Design Tab
- Blog Width: You can adjust the width of the bog.
- Remember your header images are 780 x 520.If you change this then you also need to change the width of the photos in your header.
- Header Height: You can adjust the height of the header box on the site.
- Remember your header images are 780 x 520. If you change this then you also need to change the height of the photos in your header.
- Main Logo: 280 x 90 pixels
- Content Text Style: The font type of your content
- Background Gradient Top Color: Select the top color for the background. If you want the background to be all one color, make sure the gradient bottom color is the same.
- Background Gradient Bottom Color: Select the bottom color for the background. This will create a gradient blend from top to bottom. If you want the background to be all one color, make sure the gradient top color is the same.
- Body Color: The color of the background of the site.
- Welcome Background Color: The background color of the welcome area.
- Icon overlay color: The color of the icons located to the right of your Welcome picture, title, and description.
- Body Shadow Opacity: There is a fine line around each post. Lower opacity it cannot be seen.
- Body Shadow Width: How wide the shadow under the header and the closed posts is
- Horizontal Line Color: The coloring of the horizontal line separating the posts.
- Vertical Line Color
- Contact Form Line Color: The color of the box around the contact form
- Navigation Color: The color of the entire navigation bar along top.
- Navigation Up Color: Color of the Navigation links
- Navigation Highlight Color: the color of the navigation menus when you hover over them
- Navigation Text Size will change the size of the navigation text. We set the demo to 20
- Description Text Color will change the color of the description text
- Description text size: determines the size of the description text.
- Heading Font Style (titles of posts): Determines the font of the title of the posts.
- Title Text Size: The font size of the title on the posts. Demo is 18
- Line Height:
- Background Image: You can upload an image here to display as your background. This image should be cropped around 1600x1200 pixels.
- Background mode: If you uploaded an image as the background, decide how you want it to display.
- Embed Font Glyphs most of the time will be set to "False". Select "True" if you have special characters in your text
- Video Skin Player: Allows for different looks of the video player
- Margin Width: Width of the margins on the site
- Body Corner Radius: Allows you to have a more squared or rounded body on the blog
4. Setup Tab
- Browser Title Separator: When using multiple phrases in your title this character will separate those phrases
- Footer Link Text: Footer Link Text: choose from the dropdown how you want the link to read.
- Footer: Add your copyright information here. (i.e.: © 2010 ITDR | intothedarkroom | all rights reserved)
- When you set up your Google Analytics account, they give you a UA code. Just put this code in this field. It looks like this: UA-XXXXXXX-X.
- Use Twitter: This shows the Twitter Icon
- Twitter Username: Enter your username
- WordPress date format: To better understand this format go to http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time
- Use Facebook: This shows the Facebook Icon
- Facebook Account Link: Enter the link to your Facebook page
- Use Linkedin: This shows the Linkedin icon
- Linkedin Account Link: Enter in the URL for your Linkedin account.
- Use Facebook Like Button: Activate the Facebook Like button icon
- Use Google Plus: This shows an icon on the right underneath the header image
- Google Plus Account link: Enter in the URL for your Google Plus page
- Use Google +1: Shows +1 icon
- Send contact email from self:
All of the text for all of the buttons can be changed in the Language tab. This is completely optional if you choose to do this.