The Epizote blog gives you the option to control the width of the blog and add items to the sidebar. Since we are not sure what width you would like the blog to be, we decided to provide you with the settings that are currently in our demo. The following options can be found in the "ITDR Admin" below the WordPress navigation on the left side.
- Blog Post images: 670 pixels wide
- Bio Image: 100 x 100 pixels
- Blog Width: 940 pixels
- Logo: 227 x 100 pixels
- Background tab: Background tab: 1600x1200
You can add widgets to the sidebar. They are located under the "Appearance" tab under the "Widgets" tab. To use any of the available widgets, just simply click and drag them over to the "Sidebar" on the right side.
Header Image Lists: This shows the list of photos that will appear at the top of the blog (the header)
- Upload photos ( 800x300 px )
- Use Server Side resampling: if you select “True”, this will reduce the file size (by percentage) of your images making them easier on the user’s bandwidth. However, we do suggest that when you are in Photoshop, you adjust the quality of your images to make them the optimum size for reduced bandwidth.
- Resampling Quality: Turn the percentage of the server side re-sampling up or down to increase or reduce the size of the files.
- Slideshow timer: How fast do you want the photos to load the next image on the list.
- Autoplay Video: Do you want video to automatically start playing?
- Blog Width: You can adjust the width of the bog.
- Main Logo: This allows for your logo to appear on the in the upper left hand corner
- Logo: 227 x 100 pixels
- Body Color: The color of the background of the site
- Sidebar Color: The color of the sidebar on the left of the blog
- Body Stroke Color: Color of the vertical bars on the left and right of the blog
- Body Stroke Width: How thick the above mentioned bars are
- Body Opacity: There is a fine line around each post. Lower opacity it cannot be seen.
- Body Shadow Width: The thickness of the lines that border the site.
- Border Color: The color in between the sidebar and the blog
- Sidebar Boarder Colors: The color of the boarder on the sidebar.
- Search bar color: The color of the search bar box.
- Use Designer Font Bool: True
- Context text style: Determines the font of your text
- Embed Font Glyphs most of the time will be set to "False". Select "True" if you have special characters in your text
- Navigation Text Color will change the color of the navigation text. (i.e.: the main button at the top of the site)
- Highlight Color will change the color of the navigation text when you roll over it.
- Navigation Text Size will change the size of the navigation text. We set the demo to 16
- Title Color will change the color of the title text on each page.
- Title Size will change the size of the title text on each page. We set the demo to 24.
- Description Text Color will change the color of the description text
- Description text size: determines the size of the description text.
- Link color: Determines the color of links you place on the site.
- Sidebar Title Color: Color of the titles in the sidebar
- Sidebar Description Color: Color of the descriptions in the sidebar
- Heading Font Style (titles of posts): Determines the font of the title of the posts.
- Background Gradient Top Color: Select the top color for the background. If you want the background to be all one color, make sure the gradient bottom color is the same.
- Background Gradient Bottom Color: Select the bottom color for the background. This will create a gradient blend from top to bottom. If you want the background to be all one color, make sure the gradient top color is the same.
- Background Image: You can upload an image here to display as your background. This image should be cropped around 1600x1200 pixels.
- Background mode: If you uploaded an image as the background, decide how you want it to display.
- Browser Title Separator: When using multiple phrases in your title this character will separate those phrases
- Footer Link Text: Footer Link Text: choose from the dropdown how you want the link to read.
- Footer: Add your copyright information here. (i.e.: © 2010 ITDR | intothedarkroom | all rights reserved)
- When you set up your Google Analytics account, they give you a UA code. Just put this code in this field. It looks like this: UA-XXXXXXX-X.
- Use Twitter: This shows the Twitter Icon
- Twitter Username: Enter your username
- Use Facebook: This shows the Facebook Icon
- Facebook Account Link: Enter the link to your Facebook page
- WordPress date format: To better understand this format go to http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time
- Use tweet meme: A different way of showing Twitter… this does not use the blue Twitter bird.
- Use Linkedin: This shows the Linkedin icon
- Linkedin Account Link: Enter in the URL for your Linkedin account.
- Use Google Plus: This shows an icon on the right underneath the header image
- Google Plus Account link: Enter in the URL for your Google Plus page
- Use Google +1: Shows +1 icon
- Send contact email from self:
All of the text for all of the buttons can be changed in the Language tab. This is completely optional if you choose to do this.