The Thyme blog is a clean blog that give you the option to use a designer vignette ( a shadow in the background). To help you set up the basic blog, we have provided some of our demos settings below. The following options can be found in the "ITDR Admin" below the WordPress navigation on the left side.
- Logo 200× 100 px
- Post Images 1000px x 563px
- Header height : 1000px x 325px
- You images should be saved web ready JPGS
- Header images: 1000px x 500px
- Server Side Re-sampling: True
- Resampling Quality: 75
- Slideshow Timer: 5
- Autoplay video: false
Header Image Lists: This shows the list of photos that will appear at the top of the blog (the header)
- Upload photos ( 1000 x 500 px )
- Use Server Side resampling: if you select “True”, this will reduce the file size (by percentage) of your images making them easier on the user’s bandwidth. However, we do suggest that when you are in Photoshop, you adjust the quality of your images to make them the optimum size for reduced bandwidth.
- Resampling Quality: Turn the percentage of the server side re-sampling up or down to increase or reduce the size of the files.
- Slideshow timer: How fast do you want the photos to load the next image on the list.
- Autoplay Video: Do you want video to automatically start playing?
- Video Player Skin: Offers different looks of the video player.
- Video Player Background Color: The background of the video player
- Main Logo: 200 x 100 pixels
- Header Height: You can adjust the height of the header box on the site.
Remember your header images are 1000 x 500. If you change this then you also need to change the height of the photos in your header
- Embed Font Glyphs most of the time will be set to "False". Select "True" if you have special characters in your text
- Heading Font Style (titles of posts): Determines the font of the title of the posts.
- Context text style: Determines the font of your text
- Navigation Text Size will change the size of the navigation text. We set the demo to 16
- Navigation Text Color will change the color of the navigation text. (i.e.: the main button at the top of the site)
- Highlight Color will change the color of the navigation text when you roll over it.
- Title Color will change the color of the title text on each page.
- Title Size will change the size of the title text on each page. We set the demo to 24.
- Description Text Color will change the color of the description text
- Description text size: determines the size of the description text.
- Use Vignette Shadow: This is a template feature with a background built just for Thyme
- Background Gradient Top Color: Select the top color for the background. If you want the background to be all one color, make sure the gradient bottom color is the same.
- Background Gradient Bottom Color: Select the bottom color for the background. This will create a gradient blend from top to bottom. If you want the background to be all one color, make sure the gradient top color is the same.
- Background Image: You can upload an image here to display as your background. This image should be cropped around 1600x1200 pixels.
- Background mode: If you uploaded an image as the background, decide how you want it to display.
- Browser Title Separator: When using multiple phrases in your title this character will separate those phrases
- Footer Link Text: Footer Link Text: choose from the dropdown how you want the link to read.
- Footer: Add your copyright information here. (i.e.: © 2010 ITDR | intothedarkroom | all rights reserved)
- When you set up your Google Analytics account, they give you a UA code. Just put this code in this field. It looks like this: UA-XXXXXXX-X.
- Use Twitter: This shows the Twitter Icon
- Twitter Username: Enter your username
- Use Facebook: This shows the Facebook Icon
- Facebook Account Link: Enter the link to your Facebook page
- WordPress date format: To better understand this format go to http://codex.wordpress.org/Formatting_Date_and_Time
- Use tweet meme: A different way of showing Twitter… this does not use the blue Twitter bird.
- Use Linkedin: This shows the Linkedin icon
- Linkedin Account Link: Enter in the URL for your Linkedin account.
- Use Facebook Like Button: Activate the Facebook Like button icon
- Use Google Plus: This shows an icon on the right underneath the header image
- Google Plus Account link: Enter in the URL for your Google Plus page
- Use Google +1: Shows +1 icon
- Send contact email from self:
All of the text for all of the buttons can be changed in the Language tab. This is completely optional if you choose to do this.