Setup your navigation
NOTE: You need to have WordPress 3 of greater.
- Go to the "Menus" tab under "Appearance".
- Create a New Menu by giving it a title, then clicking “Create Menu”.
- Assign the menu to it's location by selecting it in the dropdown in the top left under the "Theme Location" tab. Click save.
- Select the pages, categories, or custom links that you want in this navigation and add them to your menu. To create a sub-navigation item, click and drag an already added menu item and put it under & to the right of the desired parent navigation item.
- IMPORTANT: due to the complexity of the navigation this blog can only have navigations 2 levels deep. Anything higher than 2nd level sub-navigations items will not work.
- NOTE: To create a "dead" navigation item (one that doesn't link to anything), create a custom link with a link to somewhere fake (example: http://something.com). Then once added find it on the right column, click the dropdown arrow, and delete the link.