Step 1: CREATE A DATABASE
Rather watch a video tutorial? : Blog/Blogsite - Create Godaddy database
1) Login at www.godaddy.com
2) Click “My Account” on the top navigation.
3) Click “Hosting” on the left navigation.
4) Login again if prompted.
5) Click “Manage Account”.
6) Click “Databases”. Click “MySQL”.
7) Click “Create Database”.
8) Fill in your desired database information. NOTE: What you put in the “MySQL Database/User Name” field will become your database name AND your database username. Click “OK”.
9) Your database status should now say “Pending Setup”. GoDaddy takes a while to setup a database so you may have to wait up to a half an hour to go on to the next step. Refresh the page. When it is ready to go the status will say “Setup”.
10) When the database is ready, click the pencil icon under the Action category.
11) Note the information provided for “Host Name”. You will need this during the Wordpress installation.
Step 2: INSTALLING WORDPRESS
- Open up your internet browser. Go to the URL where you installed your blog.
- Click “Create a Configuration File”.
- Click “Let’s Go!”.
- Fill in your database information from step 2/3.
- Enter in the Host Name you just took from Step 11 above.
- Don’t change “Table Prefix”. (leave it filled in as "wp_")
- Click “Run the Install”.
- Fill in “Blog Title” and “Your E-mail” with your desired information. Click “Install Wordpress”.
- Note the username and password they give you as you will need this to log in. Click “Log In”.
- Login with the information from the last step.
- You will see a note at the top of your Wordpress install that says “Yes, Take me to my profile page”. Click that.
- Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and change your password to your desired password. Click “Update Profile”
Step 3: ACTIVATE THE TEMPLATE
1) Click “Appearance” on the left navigation.
2) Find the theme you purchased from IntoTheDarkroom and select “Activate”.
NOTE: the "preview" will not work.
Step 4: ITDR Admin
Your blog is all setup and ready to go! Any further design customization can be done through the “ITDR Admin”, which can be found at the bottom of the left navigation in the backend of wordpress. Watch a video on the ITDR ADMIN