Step 1: CREATE A DATABASE
Rather watch a video tutorial? : Blog/Blogsite - Create HostGator database
1) Go to yourdomain.com/cpanel.
2) Look for and click on the “MySQL Database Wizard” button.
3) Fill in your database name. Click “Next Step”.
4) Add a new user and password. Click “Create User”. Note this information you will need this for installing wordpress
5) Add the user you just created to the database you created. Click "All Privileges" and "Next Step"
6) Your database is now ready to go!
click [here] to continue with your install
Step 2: INSTALLING WORDPRESS
- Open up your internet browser. Go to the URL where you installed your blog.
- Click “Create a Configuration File”.
- Click “Let’s Go!”.
- Fill in your database information from step 2/3.
- Keep “localhost” in the “Host” field unless you have DreamHost as your host provider. If you do have DreamHost your “Host” will be “mysql.yourdomain.com”.
- Don’t change “Table Prefix”. (leave it filled in as "wp_")
- Click “Run the Install”.
- Fill in “Blog Title” and “Your E-mail” with your desired information. Click “Install Wordpress”.
- Note the username and password they give you as you will need this to log in. Click “Log In”.
- Login with the information from the last step.
- You will see a note at the top of your Wordpress install that says “Yes, Take me to my profile page”. Click that.
- Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and change your password to your desired password. Click “Update Profile”.
Step 3: ACTIVATE THE TEMPLATE
1) Click “Appearance” on the left navigation.
2) Find the theme you purchased from IntoTheDarkroom and select “Activate”.
NOTE: the "preview" will not work.
Done and Done
Congratulations ! You are now done with the Install and ready to get started on Populating and Branding your NEW Blog.