How to make a favicon
- First a favicon has to be 16px x 16px image called a favicon.ico
- You can either use a conversion tool such as http://www.favicon.cc/
- Or use the plugin in Photoshop
Using the conversion tool
- When using the conversion tool above simply follow the steps given, during the final step when you are about to save make sure to change
the name to favicon.ico
- Now you have a favicon.ico
If you have the Photoshop Plugin
- Just create the 16px x 16px image, and save it as favicon.ico
And the BIG finish
- You need to log into your ftp and get to the root directory.
**If you do not use an FTP client** go to http://fireftp.mozdev.org/ and download Fireftp.
- The root directory depends on the host, it will most likely be the "public_html" folder or a folder with the same name as your domain or simply put just the www area.
- Once you find this area you can either drag and drop your favicon or upload it to the root directory and your done.